Getting Past Gambling

A place to come and share experiences, to find support and strength, for those of us who are putting gambling behind us and finding new exciting and happier ways to live our lives.
" You never achieve real success unless you like what you are doing."
*Dale Carnegie {1888-1955 American Author & Achievement Expert}


Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wisdom of the Rooms

"The program does for us slowly what (gambling) alcohol and drugs did for us quickly."

I can clearly remember what I felt like before recovery. I was anxious, on edge, so uncomfortable with my life that I wanted and needed to escape. I can also remember the immediate sense of ease and comfort that came from the first hit of my drugs or alcohol. Suddenly, everything was OK, and the future actually had some hope in it.

This was my solution for a long time, and when it stopped working, I was truly at a jumping off point. In the beginning of my recovery, meetings and fellowship offered me temporary relief from the near constant dread and anxiety I felt. The problem was how to get by in between meetings, and I'll tell you, it was rough going for quite a while.

And that's when I heard someone share that "we go to meetings for relief, but we work the steps for recovery." As I worked my program, I found this to be true. The relief and sense of ease and comfort I used to get through using now began to be part of my everyday experience. After a while, I actually had peace and serenity and most of the time felt comfortable in my own skin.

One day I realized that the program had done for me slowly what drugs and alcohol had done for me quickly.

Visit:
http://www.theWisdomoftheRooms.com

2 Comments:

At 5:10 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.01
nike free, air max, louboutin, longchamp, air max, sac burberry, nike roshe run pas cher, michael kors uk, nike roshe, coach purses, replica handbags, longchamp, north face, abercrombie and fitch, vanessa bruno, sac guess, ralph lauren, true religion outlet, nike air max, north face, true religion jeans, air jordan, mulberry, air max pas cher, oakley pas cher, vans pas cher, nike trainers, new balance pas cher, michael kors, nike air force, nike tn, ray ban pas cher, sac longchamp pas cher, nike blazer, michael kors pas cher, timberland, nike huaraches, hollister, hogan outlet, polo ralph lauren, polo lacoste, coach outlet store online, ray ban sunglasses, sac hermes, hollister, lululemon outlet online, nike free pas cher, true religion jeans, true religion outlet, converse pas cher, michael kors outlet

 
At 5:13 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

oakley sunglasses cheap, burberry outlet, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, air max, ugg outlet, louboutin, tiffany and co, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, replica watches, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, ugg boots clearance, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, uggs outlet, louboutin shoes, christian louboutin, air max, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors outlet online sale, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, cheap uggs, prada outlet, nike free, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, rolex watches, chanel handbags, uggs, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, longchamp handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home